Monday, March 26, 2012

Terra Cotta Address Planters

You still have a couple of days to link up to the Weekend Wind Up! 

Over the weekend we had different guest Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday! 

We were hosting it up! 

But the front entryway has not been spruced up for spring yet, so I needed 
something simple and cute to greet guests as they came in.

I have seen terra cotta pots done a number of ways, but after 
much consideration I came up with this for the front stoop.


Update: The tulips are blooming! :) 


It was pretty easy, and you only need a few things to make your own! 


Terra Cotta Plants (I needed 3)
Acrylic Paint
Stencil Brush
Stencils ( I cut mine on my Cricut)
Scotch tape
Scissors
Twine

1. First cut out your stencils or have your stencils ready to go! 
Make tape rolls out of the scotch tape and put them on the back of the stencil. 
Make sure to get the little areas that will be difficult to keep down on a rounded surface!


2. Adhere the stencil to your pot. 
Make sure to rub it down flat after you have placed it on. 
Rounded surfaces can be tricky! 


3.  Use your acrylic paint and stencil brush to CAREFULLY 
stencil the number onto the pot. 
After you have stenciled the whole number,
 wait about 4-5 minutes to take off the stencil. 
You want to make sure it doesn't run! 


4.  Once they are dry, you may embellish them up as much as you want. 
I hot glued twine to the top for a little something special. 
Then, plant your pretties in them and enjoy! 





Happy Crafting! 


8 comments:

Laurie @ Rookiewife520.blogspot.com said...

ahhh! LOOOOVE THEM! I would totally be painting mine crazy colors though! So cute! xo

Lindsey said...

This is such a cute idea!

Jessie said...

How cute. I think putting the house numbers on them is such a good idea. Fun!
I got distracted by your Pinterest boards too and I almost forgot to comment. I'm now following your pins too. :)
Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

Our Delightful Home said...

This is such a creative idea! I would love for you to link up at my via:http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-7.html

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Jenny Melrose said...

So cute! I love that the pots are the house number. Thank you for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Christine said...

Amanda!! What an original way to display your house number!! I love it!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Lisa said...

What a fun idea! I wish we had a good place to do this in front of our house! All the neighbors would be jealous :)

Ladies Holiday said...

I love this- will add to my kids "summer camp with Mom" project list.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!