Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PB & Choc. Chip Protein Cookies

As some of you may know I am on 
the ViSalus 90 Challenge & so far so good! 

{{I've lost 6 pounds in the first week!}}

Although I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, 
I am finding it rather easy to satisfy those stinky cravings! 

One of my new favorites are these Flour Free
YUMMY Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Protein Packed Cookies!
To make your own you need: 

2 scoops Vi-Shape Shake Mix or Protein Powder
 (Any flavor, I use vanilla or cake flavored, but I am SURE it would be awesome with peanut butter or chocolate!)
1 large egg OR 3 TBSP Egg Whites
2 TBSP Flax Meal (ground flax)
3/4 cup Peanut Butter OR PB2 (less calories but also less filling)
1 TSP Vanilla Extact
1/4 C. Chocolate chips...
Unless you like them extra chocolatey...then 1/2 C. Will do :) 



Preheat the oven to 375

Mix it all up well until creamy and even. 

Scoop onto a cookie sheet (makes 8 large cookies or 12-14 smaller cookies.)

Press Down gently with a fork.

Bake for about 14-16 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. 

Easy Peasey! 
Enjoy when you need an energy boost or a protein packed snack between meals! 

About 220 Calories per Large cookie. 

Enjoy! 

3 comments:

4you-withlove said...

is PB 2 good...and the chocolate PB 2? I saw it at whole foods last week and almost picked some up but then didn't.

Marilyn
4you-withlove.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Marilyn- I haven't tried the Chocolate PB2 but I like the regular, so I am sure I would like that too!
It is creamy, but not as flavorful as regular PB, which is why I add it to my baking and shakes.
Hope this helps!

Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family said...

Six pounds in the first week is awesome Amanda! These cookies look great. Before I got pregnant with Riley I needed to lose at least twenty pounds to be at a healthy weight and I took up running. It is the most fulfilling thing to run outdoors, especially in the spring. Good luck! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays. I'm sorry I missed your party this week. We've been so busy on spring break.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!